From the first day we booked our trip, we heard the same thing over and over again, "You HAVE TO visit Waimea Canyon!"
They were all right.
In one word, Waimea Canyon is...breathtaking. I have never seen the Grand Canyon, but I have a hard time believing that it can beat the combination of canyon AND ocean.
The road to the canyon is long and not exactly marked well, so we found ourselves stopping to take pictures of what we thought was the canyon.
We were wrong.

We haven't even gotten to the best part yet. If you keep on driving into the center of the island, there are tons of additional lookout points. Lookout points that give you this view:
On the way back down, we decided to stop off at a local restaurant for lunch - the Shrimp Station.
Later that night, we finally went to the long-awaited Luau. Now, I don't want to give the wrong impression. The food was pretty awesome.

But the entertainment...left something to be desired. At least in my opinion. The emcee was a white guy. He was surrounded by beautiful island women. He sang them songs of love and lust. He changed outfits every song.
But Stephen liked it. And that's good enough for me. :)
Next up: ATV, yeah you know me!










No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!