Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bacon Throwdown 2010

For the past 3 years, Hubby's family has held food competitions against the rest of the family.  (Except for me.  I went out in a blaze of glory last year, and I'm never competing again.)
IMG_2573
This year's theme?
IMG_2608
Bacon.

The competitors:
IMG_2728

Steve

IMG_2642
Patti
IMG_2760

Stephen
IMG_2727

Theresa
IMG_2778

Braddy
The dishes:
IMG_2748

Steve's Chocolate Bacon Truffles
IMG_2700

Patti's Zippy Praline Bacon
IMG_2617

Stephen's Bacon Sweet Rolls
IMG_2800

Stephen's Pumpkin Bacon Donut Holes with Maple-infused Cream Cheese Icing
IMG_2745

Theresa's Chocolate Pumpkin Banana Bread Sandwiches
IMG_2739

Braddy's Bacon Donuts with Cream Cheese Icing

Two days of cooking, judging, and eating nothing but bacon:
IMG_2682
IMG_2694
IMG_2724
IMG_2751
IMG_2756
IMG_2766
The winning dish:
IMG_2800
Stephen's Pumpkin Bacon Donut Holes with Maple-infused Cream Cheese Icing

The losing dish that should have won but didn't because someone wasn't judging fairly:
IMG_2700

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!