Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Office Space | Progress Report

Ohhhh working from home. I LOVE YOU!!! I could go on and on and on about all the benefits: so much more sleep, I haven't gotten gas in 3 weeks, there's less laundry to do, no more purchased lunches, NO MORE COMMUTING!!!

...and so on.

But like the big dork that I am, one of the things I am the most excited about is creating my own office. Most of the necessities (and boring stuff) are paid for by my new company. HOWEVER! That has not stopped me from purchasing the cute version of the necessities. Observe:


This is my super hot wireless keyboard (not pictured: matching super hot wireless mouse). Also purchased were the prettiest pen, pencil, and highlighter colors (purple should ALWAYS be a highlighter color in a combo pack!), and the cutest thumb drive I could find.

But the most fun has been the decorating. I am a woman, after all.

And Hubs? Let's just say that he's secured his spot as sweetest husband in the world by making sure I get the office I always dreamed of...even when I am fighting off some random post-strep virus in the middle of a black friday Ikea run and decide that the curtains I've always loved are "too much work." He picked up all 45. billion. pieces. of them (side rant: seriously, Ikea? Stop selling every single component separately!!) just so I would be excited about my "dream office."

Things are nowhere near done. In fact, out house looks like an episode of Hoarders - almost an entire room of junk being thrown away in batches while oodles of ginormous boxes are being unpacked with shelves, a desk, and a (clearance!) couch.


Oh, and that picture you see on the right? HOLLAND, baby!! Specifically, a canal in Amsterdam. It might just be my favorite Ikea purchase ever.

I can't wait for this all to come together!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!