Monday, October 12, 2009

Falling for you

I may not be too thrilled that fall has come so quickly or so early, but I absolutely love autumn.  There is something about being able to wear sweatshirts and furry boots everywhere (instead of shorts and tank tops) that makes my heart go pitter-patter.

Another fantastic upside to fall is the food.  With warm, toasty flavors and comfort food galore, one can’t help but let out a deep sigh of content at the prospects of all that fall has to offer.

Today was one of those days that just IMG_0459felt and smelled like fall.  I had picked up 2 butternut squash at the farmer’s market this weekend and decided to make something I have never even tasted before – butternut squash soup.

 

I am sure you can tell where this is going.

Off to the Cook’s Illustrated website I went, in search of a delicious butternut squash soup recipe.  And letmetellyou, they did not disappoint.

This soup only has 6 ingredients, but you’d think it was IMG_0460 made in some fancy restaurant served in tiny cups.  And since the main ingredients are simply squash and water, it’s pretty healthy (we’ll just ignore that 1/2 cup of cream, mmmkkaayy?).

The best part?  With all ingredients included, the whole pot of soup only cost $5 (I am not kidding here!) to make.  As Andrea would say, “Word.”

IMG_0464

2 comments:

  1. I got a shout out in your blog. My life is complete. Also, Cook's Illustrated is THE single best resources for all things culinary. I may have to make soup now on Sunday after getting squash at the Farmer's Market. Word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I only bought the one magazine but it sounds like i should subscribe to the cooks illustrated Web site.

    I hope they don't have any fabulous pizza or cookie recipes. that may crush all my hopes of winning a title this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!