Monday, July 12, 2010

It Seamed Simple

Recently, my mommy (yes, I still call her mommy) got me a sewing machine at a garage sale (and yes, she is the most amazing garage sale shopper EVER).


I really wanted to try it out before I took on a more serious task like Theresa's pillows, so when Cheryl gave me an idea for a great baby shower gift, I jumped on it.  I haven't used a sewing machine since Holly and I made our Hello Kitty pajama pants, sooooo needless to say, I needed to get back into the swing of things.


The task seemed pretty simple.  Take cloth diapers and sew pretty ribbons on either side to use as a decorative and super absorbent burp cloth.
Simple?  Notsomuch.  Especially when you forget to buy straight pins to pin down the ribbons and instead have to use 2 safety pins.


(Another) trip to Hobby Lobby later, I was set with some straight pins and an uber cute pincushion. 


Necessities, you know.


Once I was able to actually pin things down, it went a lot faster.  And I think the end product turned out pretty nicely.


Thank you, mommy, for yet again giving me the gift of domestication.  I lovveeeee my sewing machine, but I love you more!

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah, you're definitely ready to graduate to pillows :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!