Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Baby K is on the Way

You've probably noticed that I haven't blogged in...ohhhhh...5 months or so.  Those of you that know us well know that there's a reason for that.  A big reason that's oh-so-small in size but can somehow reduce you to  going to bed at 8PM and peeing 35 times in the middle of the night (only a slight exaggeration).

Untitled Yep, this little one will be joining us in early September.

As for how it all went down?  Well, I took a test on January 2nd that so happened to be positive.  We had just spent the day running around doing who-knows-what, including getting 2 boxes of Dunkin Donuts K Cups for my brand new Kuerig coffee maker that Hubs had so thoughtfully given me for Christmas (bad timing much?).  For some reason, I just wasn't feeling "right," so I decided to make a cup of coffee (again, bad timing) and take a test just to put my mind at ease.

As the second line rather quickly appeared, I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing...through teary eyes, I immediately said quite the prayer of thanks.

Untitled And then I freaked. the heck. out.

I ran out of the bathroom, positive test in hand, right into the kitchen where Hubs was putting away some groceries.  By this time, I was nearly hyperventilating.  The poor guy had no idea I was even taking the test, so I'm pretty sure he thought I was completely insane.  I somehow choked out, "I...I...I...I'm...PREGNANT!!!" followed by a ridiculous amount of sobbing and choking.  (Like I said, practically hyperventilating.)

And bless my Hubs.  He took me in his arms, held me tight, and told me to just calm. down.

...and then he asked me if the test had pee on it.

The next few days, I was in a complete blur.  Through my terrified/elated tears, I called my family asking them to pray for the health and well being of this not-so-little miracle.  The first doctor's visit confirmed the pregnancy, and sent me on the way with about a bazillion things to read.

Untitled The second doctor's visit provided the first pictures of our little peanut, who was officially a week younger than we thought.

Untitled And what better way to tell one's boss than at Schnitzel Platz after she's had about half a das boot, as Hubs is so proudly displaying in this picture.

Untitled 

There are obvs some benefits to being pregnant...like my mommy taking care of all of my 1st trimester cravings...

Untitled 

...and Hubs doing extra housework while I rest...

Untitled 

...and free chocolate at the Melting Pot.

Untitled 

After the first trimester, I finally allowed myself to have a decaf Starbucks coffee.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that I had tears in my eyes when I finally took that first sip after 4 long months of no coffee. (Clearly, considering I even took a picture of it.)

Untitled 

And now, with only 3 days left in the 2nd trimester?  Now, things are getting real.  Registering has been done...

Untitled 

...our first shower present has arrived...

Untitled 

...and the crib is here (although still in a box in the hallway).

Untitled 

All I can say is that I can't wait to meet our not-so-little miracle in just 12 weeks. 

Untitled

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D I was sad that you hadn't posted lately!!! :D Yayayay sooooo happy for you two!! All three of you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I never really heard the whole story of how you broke the news to Steve. That's hilarious! Awesome story.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!