Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The big bang

Once upon a time, I was having a bad day at work and decided I needed a change. There is a hair salon at work, so somehow I got the genius (enter: sarcasm) idea to get bangs. I had long been drooling over the long, swoopy bangs that it seemed like everyone had.

So I marched off to the hair salon and explained what I wanted. The stylist said she knew exactly what I wanted and proceeded to chop off a considerable amount of hair. When she was finished, I had bangs...boy, did I have bangs! And not the kind I wanted at all. I went back to work, disappointed and mad (which, of course, didn't help my bad day any). The surprising part was that my boss and friends loved the bangs which I had immediately loathed. Needless to say, I kept the bangs pinned back for the next year.

That was 4 years ago. I've since had no bangs, long swoopy bangs, and even layers, but I've always had the "Parisian bangs" (as coined by my boss) in the back of my mind. Last Friday, I went in for the "Post Wedding Chop."


It's amazing what a difference your initial opinion makes. 4 years ago, I would have hated these. Today is a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!