Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Too soon?

I want to start decorating for Christmas.  Already.

IMG_0584 Don’t hate me.  I know that the thought of this might just make your blood boil, but hear me out.

Normally, I am vehemently opposed to putting up anything related to Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving. 

Last year, we were so busy planning the wedding that I never got to decorate for Christmas.  It is my absolute IMG_0586favorite holiday.  I can still remember going with Stephen the first year we were together to get a Christmas tree…he actually let me play Christmas songs the whole way as opposed to his screamy music.  Not being able to decorate last year was a major bummer for me (I might still be upset about it).

Earlier this month, Mrs. Chen and I went to a Holiday  Decorating seminar at one of the IMG_0590stores in downtown DG.  Aside from showing us all sorts of useful ideas (and making a chunk of my paycheck disappear), it totally psyched me up for Christmas decorating.  Seriously, people, it is taking everything within  me to not decorate right about now.

We’ll see just how much longer I can hold out.  Until then, I have already plugged in my mini USB Christmas tree into my laptop at work. 

You heard me.  USB.  Christmas.  Tree.

IMG_0583

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!