On Saturday, Hubs and I decided to stop off at Wannemaker's to see what kind of herbs they had. Last year, we grew some cilantro and chives that we actually used in a lot of our cooking.
The place was a madhouse - there were even police directing traffic into and out of the parking lot. But I can definitely see why. It was like walking into gardening heaven!
We quickly found the vegetable/herb section...and just stood there. Rows and rows of tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, you name it. They had anything you would ever want.
I was fine with sticking to a few herbs here and there. After all, we don't really have the space to "garden" - we don't even have a yard!
But it seems like every time I came back to the cart, there were more and more plants in it. Apparently, Hubs was pretty excited about this garden thing.
Six planters, 5 bags of soil, and an insane amount of plants later, we were all set. We planted everything as soon as we got home...and took a step back.
How cute is our "little" garden?! I still don't know all of the plants we have (dill, mint, parsley, basil, jalapenos, hot peppers, bell peppers, poblano peppers, fennel (?), spinach, lettuce, rosemary, thyme, tomatoes, and arugula to name a "few"), but I am pretty excited about it.
Not as excited as Hubs, though. He spends hours online reading about pests, and immediately goes to check out the garden the instant he comes home.
Our first product of the garden? A mojito, of course!
I'm a little skeptical about how this will all turn out (especially the bigger plants), but I can't wait to see our garden grow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!