Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mackinaw in the Fall

So, Mackinaw in the Fall?  Flipping BEAUTIFUL.


Just check out these pictures.
<>IMG_1979
Sunrise over Lake Michigan...this was the view from our hotel room.
Mackinaw-Sunrise
 

Trolley-Tour
The first full day there, we went on a fall colors tour of Mackinaw.

IMG_2033
Holly and her mom were excited for the trip!
IMG_2040
We ended up having a PRIVATE tour of Mackinaw - we were the only ones that showed up!
IMG_2068
Our first stop was to an organic farm that had pig races.
IMG_2075
I couldn't believe how much the pig's eyes looked human!
IMG_2077
I could make a ton (literally) of butternut squash soup with this.
IMG_2078
I'm not sure what these were, but they had an awesome color.
IMG_2082
The view from our trolley was fantastic.
IMG_2086
We got to see lots of Lake Michigan
IMG_2099
The next stop was at a pumpkin patch that had some darn good hot cider.
IMG_2111
Later that day, we visited Fort Michimackinaw (Yep, I totally spelled that incorrectly).
IMG_2121
Holly was scared half to death by the musket demonstration she didn't realize was happening.
IMG_2124
Even the old church was beautiful.
IMG_2125
Holly got ideas for craft projects with her nieces.
IMG_2131
And these dudes were just creepy.
IMG_2146
The Mackinaw Bridge was WAY bigger than I expected...
IMG_2230
And lit up like a Christmas tree at night.
IMG_2175
Sunsets over Lake Michigan are pretty amazing, too.
IMG_2244
The next morning, we headed out to Mackinac Island on a beautiful, sunny day.
IMG_2285
We took a carriage tour of the island to see all the sights.
Mackinac-Island
Fort-Mackinac4
Fort-Mackinac1
We also visited Fort Mackinac.  I think the fall colors amazed me more than the fort itself!
Fort-Mackinac2
Fort-Mackinac3
IMG_2315
Mackinac-Island2

I had such a great time with my Holly Wolly and her mom.  I can't wait to go back...but my waistline can sure use a nice, long break from the fudge!

Want to see more?  Check out these pics:


(Or click here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!