Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Musky Hunt 2010, in a Nutshell

As usual, Musky Hunt was fantastic.  I read 4 books, people.

FOUR.  BOOKS.

I know, I know.  Unheard of.

The trip didn't start out so uneventful, though.  There were problems.

IMG_1449
Bearing problems.  On the boat trailer.  (GASP!)
IMG_1456
Towing was involved.
IMG_1468
To a town called Augusta...
IMG_1481
Waiting, and cigar smoking, commenced.
IMG_1485
But we finally made it.
IMG_1510
We were greeted by a "friendly" fox...and a dead seagull.
IMG_1526
The first fish was caught...
IMG_1527
...even though it was a Northern, and not a Musky (I apologize to any of you faint of heart, but I'm just keepin' it real).
IMG_1538
Lots of time was spent on the boat
IMG_1544
And it began to feel like vacation after all.
IMG_1555
Patti taught the boys to never underestimate listening to your gut instinct
IMG_1559
and had quite the trophy to show for it (even though the boys lost it as they were getting it out of the live well).
IMG_1561
And me? I caught this little thing...barely bigger than my bait.
IMG_1580
HOWEVER! Not all hope was lost! I FINALLY got to visit the giant Musky!
IMG_1582
And even stand in its mouth. (And, yes, it was pretty darn cold that day.)
IMG_1644
We attempted to take a picture using the self timer, precariously perching my prized camera on a trash bin...maybe next year :)
IMG_1618
We even learned that this is what the early fishermen looked like (???).
IMG_1664
And after a day of rain and cold, the sun came out over our pretty little cabin.
IMG_1679
We were able to resume our favorite past time.
IMG_1686
And take some adorable pictures...
PattiSteveBW
IMG_1694
IMG_1693
IMG_1698
But, no family gathering would be complete without playing Catchphrase...
IMG_1766
Yes, everyone looks confused. I think we all know why.

Until next year, Musky Hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!