Monday, December 6, 2010

It's a Wonderful Life

I may sound like a broken record about this, but living in DG is flipping great.


Take Saturday, for instance.  


On Saturday, the historic Tivoli theatre held a benefit for some organization (you can tell how much I paid attention...), and they showed the movie 'It's a Wonderful Life' for a mere $5 donation (most movies at the Tivoli are only $4).
It was the perfect day to see it...the first real snow was falling, and everything seemed to take on the peacefulness that can only come with a blanket of snow.
Um, yeah.  Soooo...I haven't seen that movie since I was young, and I'll admit it - I cried my eyes out.  Luckily, Laura cried just as much as I did, so I didn't feel like such a sap.  But, seriously, I highly recommend watching that movie if you haven't done so recently.  It'll make you remember the important things in life.


P.S. - I just noticed that they're playing 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' on Thursday, December 16 at 7PM and 9:30PM!  Anyone up for seeing it with me?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!