Monday, July 11, 2011

Powerless

Apparently some pretty serious storms ripped through here this morning.


Being at work 40 miles away, it didn't seem all that bad, but I came home to a completely blacked out building.

(I'll gloss over the fact that I almost killed myself going up 5 flights of stairs and stumbling into a pitch black hallway where I proceeded to run into a wall.)

In the 6+ years I have known/dated/married Hubs, I have never once seen this building blacked out. And according to him, the power has never gone out for more than a few hours. So this is a pretty big deal.

So while ComEd gets their act together, we had no choice but to visit the in-laws for dinner to escape the heat.

Lucky for us, there was homemade cherry pie!


But now we're back to reality in the heat of the night, literally (and not in the fun way).

The first thing Hubs did was survey the damage to his beloved garden.


Unfortunately, the awesome 6 foot tall yellow pear tomato plant was cut short and the tops were snapped in half. The pretty little tomatoes on it are sadly gone.


But all things considered, we had it easy despite still not having power.


It just means we get to watch the beautiful sunset on the patio.


(And blog - courtesy of AT&T's awesome network and my iPhone. I'm still connected to the world!)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!