Sunday, July 31, 2011

Seattle | July 17

Well, you heard about how we got to Seattle, but you haven't heard anything else yet.  Like how I spent my actual birthday with my Seattle family.

This face is what we got to see first thing in the morning.
I die.   Have you noticed that her shirt says, "I love my auntie?" Here, I'll add another pic just so you can read it:
Have you melted yet? No? Well, give it time, because I have about 1 billion more pictures of this adorable face in the coming posts.

Anyway, after an awesome breakfast prepared by Peesh (Michelle), and some ganging up on my brother, we headed off to the locks to check out the action.

In true Seattle style, it was raining...but that didn't stop us from heading out.
I have a sneaking suspicion, though, that this whole trip was simply a ploy for Marky to go boat shopping. He had his eye on the boat in the middle:
The boys got a kick out of the fish ladders, but I didn't even knew what they were until I saw them.

After heading back home to freshen up, we went out for a super special birthday dinner at a beautiful Italian restaurant that I can't remember the name of.
You might have noticed all the drinks in front of me. Don't worry, they weren't mine.
They were Aki's. :D (Now that's what I call a wine flight!)
Dinner was fabulous, and the company was even better. I don't get to see my brother and his little big family that often, so spending my birthday with them was a huge present.

...Of course, that didn't stop them from getting me presents.

Side Note: The funny/sad story was that Aki, Mark, and Michelle had been conspiring with Hubs to get me a present that they knew I wanted - a Kindle. Of course, if you read my previous post, you know that Holly got me a Kindle. Once I got it, I sent a HeyTell message telling them that I FINALLY have a Kindle and I needed them to loan me some books. Unfortunately, that meant it was back to the drawing board for my birthday present.  And there's an unopened Kindle just sitting at their house while Peesh tries to convince Aki to keep it.

They absolutely spoiled me by getting me the watch I had been wanting since Christmas, and Peesh even got me a super hot Pink Kindle cover with a light! (Btw, THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!)

So much for insisting that no one get me any presents. (Not that I'm complaining!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!