Sunday, August 15, 2010

Painted with Love

At first glance, these three pictures I (finally) hung on our wall might just look like three coordinating pieces of art that happen to match our decor.
IMG_1293
The truth?  These three beautiful pieces were lovingly painted by our friend Gina.
Amanda & Steve's Wedding
Gina and her hubby, Nick, at our wedding.
Gina was the artistic genius behind practically every printed piece for our wedding.  I worked with her every single step of the way as she brought my vision to life.  The name cards...
0611
...the programs...
0024
...the AMAZING beer bottle labels (our frilling awesome wedding present) that mock the 312 beer bottles...
0626
...and the inspiration for these three paintings, the invites.  
Invite_Modified
Names blurred out to protect the innocent :)
You see, Gina painted these.  By hand.  To match the colors we would (eventually) have in our home...and gave them to me as a shower present.  But most importantly, Gina (can you see how amazing she is yet?) painted them to match the flourish detail on our wedding invitations.
Each of the paintings has its own title for each milestone in our relationship.


Falling in Love
IMG_1295
Engagement
IMG_1296
The Wedding
IMG_1297
Knowing that these were painted specifically to match all the things that represented our love makes me want to cry.  I am eternally grateful to Gina for creating such an amazing representation of the journey we have taken as a couple.  And knowing that she was so thoughtful...this wonderful woman?  She set the tone for our wedding.  And it was beautiful.


It took me over a year to hang them, but I finally realized why.  I wanted to make sure that they had the perfect place to represent everything they mean to me...a place everyone could see them and how beautiful they are.
IMG_1292

Thank you so much, Gina.  I love you, sweetie.

1 comment:

  1. Holy guacamole those paintings are up! Time for another party.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!