Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Feeling Crafty

If you haven't noticed by now, I've been on a bit of a crafting streak.  


While surfing some crafting blogs, I came across a tutorial to recreate this $58 Anthropologie necklace.
Okay, the Dutch in me just has to come out.  $58?  Seriously?  SERIOUSLY?

Yeah, right.

I wanted to modify the necklace a bit to use metal chains instead of pearls so it could easily go from work to weekend, so I took a quick trip to Hobby Lobby.

Three hours, a broken nail, an empty lighter, and less than $15 later, I had this.

Flower_Necklace


Flowers_Close
Each flower is actually a pin that can be detached from the necklace if you want to wear it separately.

Flower_Necklace_Clasp
The clasp is a round jewel on the opposite side of the necklace.  Bonus - no more hair getting caught in it!



I was so motivated by the outcome of the necklace (shocker, I know!), that I decided to tackle a matching hair flower.

Hair_Flower


My next mission is to make a similar necklace in black.  If only I would have known how to do this before the wedding...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!