Tuesday, August 24, 2010

We're So Cruel

Last week was Barber's birthday.  And as any true friends would, we decorated his cube for his birthday.


Except...we decorated it in a Tinkerbell theme. (Last year, we decorated it in a Hannah Montana theme.  It was his wife's idea.)


IMG_1323
Some of the "wallpaper" in his cube



IMG_1333
All this stems back to a nice little V-mail (video distributed by email) we produced a few years ago in which Barber was cast as the "Mentoring Fairy."  Yes, this was for work.  Yes, we got paid to produce, film, and edit a childish skit.  No, it was not my idea.





Anywho, someone came up with the genius idea to decorate his cube in a fairy theme as a tribute to his brief stint as the Mentoring Fairy.  And what's the easiest fairy to come by?  Tinkerbell!


IMG_1324
Monitor Decorations



IMG_1322
Fairy target practice on the WIRE PC



It's amazing what you can do with a bunch of crepe paper, wrapping paper, and plastic.


iPhoto Library
The finished product



IMG_1308
Carefully constructed "fairy wings" on the back of his chair



IMG_1319
Blonde High School Musical hair extensions and accessories were also purchased



Needless to say, this whole display caused quite the commotion. I'm pretty sure Barber didn't get any work done, and I'll be sure to document that in his performance review.


IMG_1336
Lots of visitors



IMG_1316
"Amanda, If you weren't my Team Lead, I'd kill you.  But instead, I will smile for the camera."



But that's not the end of the festivities. Everyone brought lots of food in (including Potato Bake), and Andrea brought in a birthday cake.


IMG_1347



IMG_1352



A pink birthday cake. And we made him serve it.


Happy birthday, Barber!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!