Saturday, July 30, 2011

Birthday Festivities | Pool Party

My other BFF, Holly Wolly, is the hands-down most thoughtful, selfless person you'll ever meet. Holly and I met in college (VC!) and pretty much became instant friends. She has been there for me through the worst times, and walked beside me during the best times. Holly has a heart bigger than this world.

0129
Holly and me on my wedding day.  Photo by Wes Craft

It should come as no surprise to you, then, that she went completely above and beyond for my birthday this year. This girl? She brought up her nieces and nephew (who I have seen born and grow up faster than I can keep track of) and rented a hotel room just so we could see each other before I left for Seattle.


She thought of everything. Even the outside of the room door was decorated with a huge birthday banner, matching the room inside. I was even given a "birthday princess" sash to wear, and a Garfield birthday balloon. And the present? My Holly went WAY overboard and bought me the present I had been wanting for months - a Kindle! (Which, btw, I used all though the trip to Seattle.) It was WAY TOO MUCH and I kept insisting that she take it back. But one thing you'll learn about Holly is that she's as stubborn as I am, so I knew I was fighting a losing battle.

After she took us out to a delicious dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise, we all went swimming in the hotel pool. I was beyond excited to go swimming.

Little Payton testing the water
And, of course, so were the kids.
Love that cheesy smile!
Payton, Maggie, and PJ were all excited to go swimming.

After a good 2 hours swimming, we went back to the room for a homemade Rice Krispie Treat "cake" (made especially for me because my Holly Wolly knows me a little too well).

But before I knew it, it was time to go home since I had to work in the morning. Holly Wolly always knows how to make a birthday girl feel special, though. THANK YOU, HOLLY WOLLY! I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!