Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dinner by Candlelight...in a Garden

I can't think of many things more peaceful than having dinner by candlelight.
IMG_0768
Unless it's in a garden, surrounded by your surrogate family and husband.
IMG_0819
Last weekend, my dear friend Amy's Aunt (or, as we call her, Auntie) had a candlelit dinner garden party.  And letmetellyou, Auntie knows how to throw a party.
IMG_0757
IMG_0764
All the girls in the family even dressed up in homemade aprons and hair ties!
IMG_0773
IMG_0765
The food was impeccable (as usual).
IMG_0782
IMG_0790
It's such a rare thing nowadays to have a sit-down dinner with actual adult conversations (here I go, sounding like I am 70)...
IMG_0807
IMG_0824IMG_0843
IMG_0877
And at the end of the night, there was even a takeaway table with cookies, pot holders, and home grown honey from Amy's family beehives.
IMG_0894
IMG_0899
I can't wait for next year.
IMG_0860

1 comment:

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!