Monday, March 7, 2011

Keeping it in Perspective

Today, I got (another) rough lesson in why I shouldn't have high (or even normal) expectations at work.  In the end, the corporate world is just shady...and that's not going to change any time soon.

Luckily, someone happened to post this song from 1998 on Facebook right as I was getting all worked up, and it managed to help me keep everything in perspective. (The song was originally a news article by a Chicago Tribune columnist - woot!)

"Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself."



If you've never listened to the words, you should.  And once you're done, repeat after me:

This is just a job.



2 comments:

  1. Pan, LOL, look back at my blog post from January 19!! It is titled Wear sunscreen, and contains the same video! Really? I have been spreading it around again lately, and just told someone that quote this morning!! It's one of the smartest things ever said by anyone I believe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sister. That is way too funny. Great minds think alike!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!