Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dear Mommy | A Wish List

I'm visiting my parents this weekend, and they've pretty much come to expect that I'll be requesting a few things during my visit (which I'm sure they are super excited about because I'm the favorite child, of course). So, to make things easier on them, I've compiled a wish list of sorts. I'm super thoughtful like that.

:: Ahem! ::

Dear Mommy | A Wish List
  1. Lipton tea with milk and sugar, the way only you can make it.  I've got meetings on Friday and I've already started daydreaming about having some delicious mommy-made tea while I try to drown out the endless back-and-forth that inevitably happens on every. single. call.
  2. Dunkin' Donuts coffee (what, what, Braddy!  DD shout out!) with a dollop of delicious homemade whipped cream melting on top.  Again, the way only you can make it.
  3. Garage sales!  I intend to take full advantage of the 4PM Friday start times they have down South.  And can you answer WHY they don't do the same thing up here?!  Most people WORK at 8AM on a Friday.
  4. A trip to Starbuck's so I can treat you to a Caramel Macchiato  (I will order for you.  I know how you get in line there, haha).  You're adorable with Starbucks coffee and you remind me of how Grams used to be when we brought her Starbucks.
  5. Dutch cheese on buttered toast.  And you'll probably have to slice the cheese for me unless you want me to butcher the whole block.  Feel free to delegate this task to Daddy even though he gets (playfully) annoyed that I'm a grown woman and still can't properly slice Dutch cheese.  (Or can I?)
  6. Viewing of at least one episode of Hoarders, Pet Hoarders, etc.  We should probably record the comments we make while viewing those shows.  I happen to think we're pretty funny.
  7. Permission to keep the ice dispenser set to 'crushed ice' even though it annoys Dad.
  8. Availability of some sort of fruit/vegetable to feed Lucy and Joey (the horses in the back yard).
  9. Lounging on the deck, weather permitting.  Possibly with a refreshing drink.  And free reign to make as many 'Freddy Farber' cracks as Daddy and I want to.
  10. Lots of hugs and kisses.
  11. Bonus Points:  Dutch Pancakes made by Daddy, BUT ONLY IF HE FEELS UP TO IT.  I don't want to be too demanding, here.
I can't wait to see you guys!

1 comment:

  1. HHEEEYYYYYY!!!!!!I can't believe you are going down there without ME! When were you gonna tell me that? Sneaky. That list is everything I do with mom, minus the Dutch cheese, of course. I wish I was going, but I didn't seem to get an invite. HMMPPFFF.....

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!