Monday, May 2, 2011

Two Years Ago

Two years ago today, Hubs and I got married.

0509No, I didn't really know what I was getting into - but who really does?  People like to scare you with the horror stories, like to say "don't do it!" or, "run while you can!"  News of your engagement seems to invite the worst tales from those who are unhappy, single, or those that have "been there" before.  Before you know it, you feel like you're crazy for even considering the idea.

But, honestly?  Marrying Hubs was the best decision I have ever made in my life.  This boy completes me. He makes me laugh when all I want to do is cry.  He holds me when I'm scared.  He supports me unconditionally.  And while we might not appear to be the most PDA-centered couple in the world, we still say "I love you" at least 20 times a day (I'm not even exaggerating).  He has been there for me on the worst moments of my life, and he has carried me through it.  We approach everything as a team, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This man is amazing.  And every night, I thank God for sending him to me.

So, to all the naysayers out there - the first year of marriage wasn't hard at all.  I had a blast!  And the second year only got better.  If anything, I have learned more about myself by marrying Hubs than I knew in all the years before marrying him (hellooo emotional rollercoaster, party of one).  And of course, I know that this has only been 2 years and not 30, and I'm sure we'll have plenty of bumps down the road to come.  But I can honestly say that I am so. incredibly. happy. that it practically it brings me to tears.
0366
To celebrate this past year of awesomeness, I threw together a slide show of our life post-1 year newlywed status, starting from our first anniversary last year through Easter of this year.  If you are incredibly bored and can't think of anything better to do, feel free to watch it for a peek into just how quickly the year went.  (And I only included the events that both of us were present at, and that I had pictures from - whew!)

Password = "love"

And finally, to my baby...I can't even begin to tell you just how much I love you.  This past year has been quite an adventure, and we only came out stronger in the end.  Thank you for your love, patience, and compassion. Thank you for picking me up when I no longer feel like trying.  Thank you for holding my hand during the moments I am scared to face alone.  Thank you for being the best husband I could ever, ever imagine.  I love you more and more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!