Hubs has been talking about our garden since at least March. And I've had to hold him off from buying plants for over a month. He even built and stained a custom garden box the weekend I went away for Mindy's birthday. This boy lovesssss his garden. (Adorable!)
For almost a month, the garden sat empty, just waiting to be planted. Hubs was chomping at the bit, and holding him back for the 'frost date' to pass was exhausting.
And then I gave in one week early. The benefit of container gardening is that you can bring in the planters at night if it is supposed to frost.
Needless to say, Hubs was like a kid in a candy store when we finally picked up the first plants.
He even came up with a home-grown method to growing our strawberries, as seen by the burlap sack with dirt in it.
The first batch contained strawberries, garlic chives, basil, jalapenos, monster peppers, tabasco peppers, yellow pear tomatoes, and grape tomatoes.
But you know he couldn't stop there (especially compared to last year when we couldn't even USE our balcony for the entire summer due to all the plants). Next to be planted were sweet peas in the small space between the vertical planter (Hubs doesn't even like peas, so this one was a shock to me??).
Next came oregano, more basil, thyme, and an edible flower plant...
With the weekend coming up again, we'll see how long this plant count lasts. Luckily, we now have patio furniture and a grill on the balcony, so there's only so much room we can plant things in this year.
...I hope.













No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!