Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Seattle | July 20

The next day was a bit overcast in the morning, so Peesh, Hubs, and I took the opportunity to plan a scavenger hunt for the boys.  The prize?  The kites Hubs and I brought from back home.  I didn't take any pictures of the scavenger hunt, but we managed to document our attempt at flying the kites.
Yes, I said "attempt" for a reason.
It looked promising at first...
...until it soon became clear that there was definitely not enough wind to get them going.
Not even Emi looked excited.
Luckily, we were still on a rocky beach and the boys were still able to throw things.
We even found a jellyfish:

That night it was Mark and Aki's turn to cook dinner, so we kept the kids occupied while they were off grocery shopping and cooking.
This little one definitely had me wrapped around her finger. (In case you hadn't figured that out by now.)

Horrible picture of my face, but awesome picture in general.  Photo by Peesh.
Photo by Peesh.
Their dinner?  Mango, avocado, and dungeness crab salad, twice baked potatoes, and grilled salmon with chocolate bread pudding for dessert.  It. was. amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!