Now, a little about the house we were staying at. It was creepy. The owner was psycho. There were too many dolls and quilts.
And there were A LOT of rules.
By the end of our stay, I was ready to flush all those "helpful" little notes down their delicate septic system.
![]() |
| "Get me outta this place!" |
Needless to say, we got outta there ASAP on Friday.
And then we went canoeing at the bottom of Mt. Constitution.
I'll admit it. Canoeing was just about the last thing I wanted to do. Let's just say that I have never had a good canoeing journey. They all seemed to involve teenage ex boyfriends, their teenage friends, and capsizing into a freezing cold river green with algae.
![]() |
| Don't worry - I actually did paddle most of the time. I wouldn't make Hubs canoe me around. Although... |
Luckily, Hubs is a lot more mature and capable at handling a canoe than any of my previous canoeing partners, so even though he playfully 'rocked the boat' from time to time, we ended up having a blast.
And in case you couldn't tell already, there was no way I was bringing my beautiful camera on a canoe at risk of capsizing. So instead, I brought my iPhone (and even THAT freaked me out).
![]() |
| Photo by Peesh |
The more camera adventurous among us turned out to be Peesh, so at least some of these pics were good quality.
![]() |
| Photo by Peesh |
![]() |
| Photo by Peesh |
As you can clearly see, canoeing here is pretty much like canoeing in heaven. It was beautiful.
![]() |
| xoxoxo! |
I won't get into how we missed our ferry, couldn't take a transfer because another ferry was late, and had to wait 3 hours for the next ferry @ 8:45PM, but just know that we finally made it back to the Anacortes ferry terminal after a beautiful sunset cruise.
![]() |
| "We have to wait how long for the next ferry?!" |
![]() |
| Apparently, the 8:45PM ferry isn't a very popular time to go. |
Thank goodness I had my Kindle for the car ride home.


































No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!