Monday, October 31, 2011

Shady | A lesson in never saying, "It'll be easy!"

When Theresa asked me to sew the faux Roman shades for Olivia's nursery, I was definitely excited.  For one, it was for my baby niece.  And second, it was a chance to use the gently used second sewing machine my mommy picked up for me at a garage sale (Yes, again.  She's like a garage sale superwoman.  Xoxo!).

Ahem.  I learned an important lesson in underestimating work.

I don't have any in progress pics...mainly because nothing was working as it should and I pretty much had no idea what I was doing.  The funny thing about babies is that they have a due date, and that meant I also had a deadline to meet.  And I met it - albeit barely.

But the end result?  I am super happy with them (I made two shades, one for each window in the nursery), and I think/hope Theresa is too.  Luckily, I was able to snap a few pics as I was waiting on little Miss Olivia's diaper change yesterday.

The front window
The side window - note the baby bird baby shower favor hanging from it :) I will get around to posting those pics one day!
Loveeeee the fabric.
These puppies are completely lined with blackout fabric so no light shines through. Also? I am completely in love with the pattern on the front fabric. This baby has one stylish nursery (which I'm sure Boochie will get around to posting about as soon as things calm down a bit...they're on newborn time!).

Will I make my own curtains ever again?  After seeing these up and in use, I might just attempt the madness again.  At least I'll know what I am doing this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!