
(Can't you tell how excited he is?)
As you can imagine, having a toddler in a condo is somewhat less than ideal. While our condo is actually pretty sizable compared to most, the kid's main form of exercise has been running laps around the kitchen and dining room (go home, winter!) while tripping on the mass amounts of colorful plastic toys/crap that have slowly but surely invaded the living room. It's a miracle he has only taken one trip to the ER.

In short - we are running out of room.
So here we are, Day 1 of Operation Movin' on Up. The decision has been made, a plan has been formed (somewhat) thanks to Theresa's urging (I OWE YOU), and today we took the first steps to set that plan in motion...

Buying packing supplies! (And, no
- the race car cart was definitely NOT the practical choice here. #firsttimeparentproblems)
While you may think we are jumping the gun a bit (packing the place before you've even sold it or found another house? You be cray!), we are actually in desperate need of decluttering before we can even venture in to the territory of putting it on the market...or even before we tackle some of the lingering to do items we have been ignoring for, ohhhhh, years. The place looks like a tornado of toys and empty amazon prime boxes ripped through here - repeatedly.

The first box was packed up tonight and it was a bit bittersweet. I chose to wrap up the crystal wine glasses my parents gave us as a wedding present (because - hello - I am terrified of anything happening to those), and I couldn't help but remember unwrapping them for the first time when we were only married a handful of days, in this condo that was all new to me. So much excitement was ahead of us. Now it's almost 5 years later (!!!) and we have a life-altering thing called a toddler. But at the same time, the next time we use those glasses, we will be in our new home. (Cue sappy tears and wads of tissues)


The following box was chock full of the rest of the glass barware...the items we laboriously collected the first year of our marriage as hubs was attempting to build the perfect bar for the many parties and family gatherings we have hosted over the years.

(Let's not mention how I packed *too* much in the box and now have to repackage it into 2 boxes tomorrow. Thanks.)
I'm excited for what lies ahead, but definitely a bit overwhelmed.
Maybe I packed up all the wine glasses too early...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!