Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Recipe | Quick Asparagus

Again - this is another one of those things that can't really be considered a recipe because it's so simple and probably common sense to 99.9% of the population. But up until a few years ago, I had no idea how to cook asparagus. (In my defense, I may have been scared off by an old roommate who cooked asparagus to the point where they were limp tubes of mush.)

All of that to say that asparagus shouldn't be over cooked. If you do, it's a recipe for a gagging disaster. Here's how I make mine. 


Ingredients:
Asparagus
Olive oil
Kosher salt or seasoning of choice

Directions:
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus (it should naturally snap at the point where it needs to be cut)
- Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and lightly season the spears
- Place the spears in a hot grill pan and sear, rolling occasionally, until the asparagus is cooked to your liking. For me, I still like it slightly crunchy. 

Bonus points for being able to cook it on an actual grill. But since this is the neverending winter, that's not quite possible yet considering it snowed AGAIN today. 

It's also good with shaved Parmesan on top.

Any other quick veggie tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!