Thursday, March 20, 2014

Recipe | Bacon Sweet Rolls

Before I get started, two things:

  1. I am not the original author of this recipe, and I have no idea who is.  I think I came across this idea years ago in a magazine.
  2. You can hardly call this a "recipe" - it's that simple.

Bacon Sweet Rolls @ digitaldutchess.com

Here's what you need:

  • A can of Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
  • 1 slice of bacon per cinnamon roll
Here's what you do:
Untitled
  1. Unroll a cinnamon roll
  2. Place a slice of bacon on the inside of the dough - the side the cinnamon filling is already in (P.S. - those are hubs' hands...I promise I don't have man hands)
  3. Roll it back up
  4. Bake according to the package directions, or slightly longer if the bacon looks like it's not done yet
  5. Frost as usual, or use maple syrup for dipping
Untitled

That's it.

We made this years ago, but from what I remember, the only improvement we could think of would be to pre bake the bacon a bit so it's crispier, or to completely cook the bacon in small pieces first.  But that would add a few steps to the process, and let's face it, momma doesn't function too quickly in the morning.

Untitled
Any other super simple breakfast recipes out there that require little to no prep work on my part?  Because I am *so* not a morning person.

1 comment:

  1. You my friend, are a GENIUS!!!! The boys in my house thank you in advance for Saturday breakfast!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!