Tuesday, January 25, 2011

3 Already?

A little over 3 years ago, I was sitting at a restaurant on a very, very snowy December morning, when I received a phone call that my little nephew was about to make his grand entrance into the world.

After running out of the restaurant like a crazy woman...and a long (and somewhat terrifying) drive in the snow to a hospital that was only supposed to be 20 minutes away, I rushed through the hospital doors to hear a tiny little cry...and then I saw him.

At first, I didn't know he was my nephew.  Quite frankly, he came over a month early, and I was expecting a baby that was quite a bit smaller.  We didn't even know if he would be able to breathe on his own at first.

So when I heard that cry...that beautiful, tiny, amazing little cry...I couldn't believe it.  Before me, on a table under a warming lamp, was little Jackson.  It was like time had stopped.  I remember gasping for air before realizing that I was bawling.  BAWLING.  (In fact, I am pretty sure Barry has a video right as all this was going on.  Greeaattt.)

This little baby was born back in December three years ago.
December07 040
Minutes after he was born
Three years later, he is a vibrant and beautiful little boy.  And he had a John Deere-themed birthday party ( = AWESOME).
with_the_mini_tractors___
Ingy has some mad cake decorating skills

Train_fun_with_Auntie_Amanda
Playing trains rocks
He was even gracious enough to help Hubs open his Christmas present...
Helping_Uncle_Steve_open_his
...after which he promptly took off with his gift card.
I_got_his_gift_card__hee_hee
Smart kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!