Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas in Urbana

IMG_3265Unfortunately, since Christmas Eve and Christmas day were bittersweet, I didn't take many pictures while we were down in Urbana. The snow storm and the fact that Grandma was at the hospital with Aunt Bonnie and the rest of the family meant that Christmas was moved from her house in Penfield to Uncle Paul's house in Urbana.


IMG_3250(For those that don't know - Hubs' cousin Jeanna was in the ICU and unresponsive, but she is on the road to recovery now!)


It was actually a good change of pace - the kids (Jake and Anastasia) kept us chipper despite the circumstances, and we were able to enjoy being together as a family.

Much to everyone's surprise, I had never been to Uncle Paul's house, so I was in for a treat the instant I saw Anastasia's bedroom.
IMG_3256
Um, yes.  This is her bedroom.  The roof?  Her bed.  Under?  A play house.  It has working lights AND a doorbell, and her dad (Uncle Paul) built it without any blueprints.  Color me jealous!
IMG_3260


We celebrated Christmas a day later than normal, but we certainly didn't starve thanks to Hubs and his dad whipping up some masterpieces using whatever was on hand!
IMG_3319
IMG_3289
Our hostess, serving appetizers




And! Patti FINALLY got a new digital camera. We can't wait to see the pictures she takes - maybe she should start her own blog, too!
IMG_3299



We even managed to fit in the birthday celebrations for Hubs and Patti.

IMG_3446
IMG_3395


IMG_3412


Want to see more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!