Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowpocalypse! Digging Out...

This title is a bit misleading.  Unlike the overwhelming majority of homeowners, we don't have to shovel.
:: Doing a happy dance in my PJs ::

Anywho, Snowpocalypse has come and gone, and now all that's left is the cleanup (DG totaled 21.1 inches!!)...and the impending subzero temps.
The view from our balcony this morning...still snowing

Hubs and I decided to take a walk downtown to see how the cleanup efforts were going.
Looks like the person parked in our "visitor" spot won't be visiting for a short time!
Hubs is 6'3"...the snow piles had him beat
Downtown was deserted...and buried in snow
Sniff, sniff :(

If I were still a kid, you can bet I'd be doing exactly what this kid was doing:
This pile is up to the roof of the coin shop!

And of course, the bulldozers were still clearing away tons of snow.

Practically everything was closed, aside from Ballydoyle.

And Patti and Steve...in case you were wondering how this snow ended up on your window...
...here's your answer.
Happy shoveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!