
They were two different colors. For example, the bathroom door handle was gold on the outside, and silver on the inside.
While I'm sure there was a perfectly good reason for the mismatch, it's bothered me for more than 5 years now. I even remember having a conversation with my dad over a year ago about the door handles where he told me that I should just bite the bullet and get them; they would make a world of difference.
Daddy, you were right.

Today, I installed these beauties that I've been eyeing for years. All by myself. (I am my father's daughter - I couldn't wait to get home from work and install them.)
But that's not all. I also installed these puppies on all the closet doors in the hallway.


Hubs had a moment of doubt when I tried to install them and they were loosely hanging from the hole due to lack of door thickness (the doors are metal, and therefore very thin). But I was not deterred - I hunted down a few metal washers and popped them between the door and the screw. Success!
Oh, and those that frequent our humble abode may have noticed that the closet doors are no longer yellow/brown, as seen below (Kind of. These iPhone pics are horrible representations of true colors).

Yep, I painted them white this weekend. (All by myself. And also? Why would you make metal closet doors with shutters on the top? I hope to never, ever have to paint these again.)
Now if only I could find a pink tool belt and pink cordless drill...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Well done, Little Boo! I am proud to be your Dad. As for the louvers at the top side of the doors --- may have something to do with the fact that heat rises, so the door/closet would self-ventilate
ReplyDelete