As I may have previously

mentioned, our building consists of mainly senior citizens. Making the building more "modern" has not been an easy transition for them. Of course, all of us "young folks" love the changes. When the darker hallway colors were painted (with a splash of red at the end of each hallway, might I add!), we were thrilled.
The older folks? HATED IT. And practically insisted on paying the painters another 10K to repaint them "1 shade lighter". That's pretty much the only time I've ever seen them on favor of spending money.
So when the new art work for the lobby was put up for a vote by the decorating committee, there was a commotion. Both paintings were pretty modern, but one was much less modern than the other. And, as you can imagine, there was a definite line dividing each group.
Painting 1 was beautiful, but more traditional, and won the hearts of the senior citizens.

Painting 2 was moody and modern, matching perfectly with the furniture below it, and the new paint colors. Clearly, it won the hearts of the young people (so much so, in fact, that Hubs was about to buy it for our dining room if it was not the winner).

Choosing the final painting was quite the comical sight; with the older people on one side of the lobby whispering loudly to each other and shaking their heads, while the young people on the other side of the lobby were talking about how awesome the modern painting was. In the end, the modern painting won and it was hung up today.
I've already seen some head shaking going on.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!