Saturday, April 16, 2011

Trim Trials: Part 1

The long-awaited day has finally arrived: the baseboards are going up!


Thankfully, we have help. Hubs' dad came over early this morning, helped us measure, and drove us to (where else) Hone Depot to buy the materials.


There were a few debates along the way (when to paint them, if we should buy silicone for the cracks, when to nail them, etc.), but for the most part, things are going swimmingly.


(Although, I'm not actually involved in any of the hard work so far. The current topic of discussion is how crooked the walls are.)


After securing the goods as best we could, we made the cautious trip home.


That's when we discovered that 12 foot boards will definitely not fit in the stairwell. This discovery led to them having to haul the miter saw downstairs, set up a cutting station on the tailgate, and cut every board (16 in total) into 8 and 4 foot sections. By this time, I just wanted to get out of the way, so I stayed upstairs. Plus, I hadn't had coffee yet.

As soon as they made it back upstairs, I stole a portion of the trim to see how it would look on the wall. We had decided to buy the tall trim, and I wasn't sure that it would look appropriate, but help me Rhonda, I. was. in. love.


Then began the long process of measuring, cutting, cutting again, words whispered under their breath, and measuring once more.

Since I obvs wouldn't be much help in this task, I decided to tackle some long put-off tasks, such as:

Applying new contact paper to the linen closet shelves








Removing the sticker gunk from our dry erase calendar and changing the month from November to April





...and as I speak, there seems to be a major issue that has them debating if they should rip off the boards they already installed and rip up the carpeting from the sides, and nail it back down on the concrete floor. I'd better go.



More updates to come!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!