I will preface this whole post by saying that the night was peppered with hundreds (I’m not exaggerating) of, “OMG!”s, but I will save you the agony of reading them.
The night started out when Mrs. Chen came over with 2 huge boxes of Williams-Sonoma goodness.
Yes, the card says, “Princess Amanda.” I heart Mrs. Chen!
My heart was aflutter as I untied the beautiful hunter green bow…
The first box contained Dutch Baby Pancake Mix. A wink to my heritage! This woman knows me well! (Not sure why I look so evil in this picture. Stupid red eye.)
The second box contained 3 drink mixes – HELLO LOVER!
After a period of squeals and giggles, we headed off to Capri in downtown DG. The restaurant only opened a few months ago, but every time I walk past it, it is absolutely packed (and now we know why!).
We were too enamored with the food to even think about taking pictures until my birthday dessert came out…but trust me, the food was PHENOMINAL!
Speaking of birthday dessert, it was an amazing piece of tiramisu with a SPARKLER on top! Again, Mrs. Chen and I were too busy squealing to take a picture of the sparkler when it was lit, but you’ll have to take our word for it.
And what goes best with tirimisu? A chocolate martini, of course!
A…few…chocolate martinis later, we noticed some locked cabinets with bottles of wine above us.
They had awesome names like this one:
So we asked our waitress what it took for us to get one of those locked wine cabinets of our very own, and all she could tell us is that we had to be a “very special customer.” I daresay that special = mob, but I digress.
All in all, I had the BEST time with Mrs. Chen for my birthday. Thanks for the fantastic evening, friend!
Happy Birthday iwanttogobackthanks.
ReplyDelete