Monday, July 27, 2009

Musky Hunt Drunk 2009

We may have gone a little overboard.

This past weekend, my darling husband got a wee bit...excited...about a concept he has dreamed about for years - having a fully stocked bar. And where better to have a fully stocked bar than the coveted annual pilgrimage to Hayward, Wisconsin: Musky Hunt Drunk.


Rather than bore you with stories of our trips to BB&B, Target, and Sam's Liquor, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

The bar stash in all of its glory.

Hanging lanterns were purchased for ambiance.

Stephen's favorite purchase: a bar compartment caddy for garnishes.


Every kind of pic and spear imaginable. Yes, those are American flag pics...we are all about the USA!


A triple-decker cocktail rimmer stand...and lots of drink mixers.

My favorite purchase: the ice bucket I have been drooling over for a year!

How many jars of olives do you see?

This one's for Theresa: 3 different kinds of bitters!

Needless to say, this year's outing is sure to be a memorable one. And by the looks of it, the bar stash will continue to grow. The hubby made a special trip to Jewel tonight just to see if they had cocktail "swords." The best part about this all is seeing him as excited as a kid in a candy store. :)

And Theresa...Stephen says to get those drink recipes ready, because we're going to need them!

1 comment:

  1. Man, I was ready for the punch line! As soon as I started reading the post, I thought "He better have gotten bitters!" 30 seconds later, I saw the pic of three bottles of bitters. 10 bucks says at least two of those bottles end up at my house by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!