Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Coaster, pager, or both?

On Saturday, Stephen and I went to Home Depot to get a new light for the kitchen (more on that in the next post). We decided to stop at Fudrucker's for lunch on the way back home.


While we waited for our burgers to be done, I noticed that the pager they gave us said, "Coaster Call"...was the pager supposed to be used as a coaster too? How had we missed this every time we get one of these at a restaurant?


This spurred a 5 minute discussion on the mechanics of the coaster/pager. Wouldn't the drink fall over from the vibration? Wouldn't the condensation short out the pager? We decided to test it out for ourselves until we could get home to look it up.


It worked, and the glass didn't tip over. And apparently, the pagers are supposed to "double as drink coasters and suggest drink purchases while waiting in in the lounge."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!