You would be wrong. Very, very wrong.
What I'm about to show you is a visual lesson in why you should invest in the $24 rental fee for a carpet shampooer. And I'm only going to warn you one time - it's going to contain shockingly disturbing images. (...well, more gross than disturbing; I can be a bit dramatic.)
We started noticing that the carpet in the main hallway was getting a bit dingy near the front door, so we decided to rent a carpet shampooer from Home Depot for a day to pretty them up a bit.
Everything was going just fine until we had to empty the first bucket of water.
Oh. My. Goodness.
Seriously? How does this happen? It's not like we're traipsing through the place in muddy hunting boots (not on my watch, at least).
We hoped it would be an isolated incident since the hallway sees so much traffic. Notsomuch. The rest of the 'dumps' all looked the same - dirty and disgusting.
Now Hubs is obsessed with the thought of tiling the front hallway (get a man a tile cutter and he'll tile for life?)...I'll have to nip this one in the bud. But at least we have clean carpets!
P.S. - Please remove your shoes prior to entering the front door. Kthxbai! (Kidding!) (Sort of.)








I have had the same experience-It is horrifying the amount of dirt thats actually in your carpet! Totally worth the money to do it every decade or so.... :)
ReplyDelete