Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Update: Lights out!

As you may recall from my previous post, I spent an hour (or two) in Home Depot trying to decide on a light fixture for the kitchen before finally buying one. Then Stephen spent about an hour hanging up the light, aaannndddd within another hour, it was obvious that the light just wasn't going to work.

The problem is that the power source for the kitchen light is off-center. Apparently since they hung those huge uggo rectangular fluorescent lamps in the kitchens here, they didn't need to be centered in the middle of the kitchen. This wouldn't be a problem if the lights were more towards the cabinets/counters...but they are pretty far away from them. The light that I bought was just a round fixture with 3 lights, but that left the most important part of the kitchen in the dark. And no, there are no pictures of the infamous light fixture because I hated it so much.

On Saturday, Stephen and I both went back to Home Depot to find a new light fixture. It was pretty clear that this task was harder than Stephen thought, too, because he kept pacing the aisles like I did a few weeks prior.

We finally ended up with a flexible track lighting system...but we were pretty skeptical that it wouldn't look off-center too.

After my awesome husband spent over an hour hanging this fixture, we have a keeper.

1 comment:

  1. oooo! Love the lights! It looks perfect in there! Plus I know how much putting up new fixtures is a labor of love :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!