Friday, June 24, 2011

Chicken on a Stick

I'm not gonna lie - I loveeeeee our town (or is it a city? village?).  That love is intensified during certain times of the year.

Like, for instance, during Grove Fest.

Grove Fest is going on right now *literally* right outside our door.  Picture the typical small(ish) town carnival with deep fried foods, rides, and vendors.

We decided to hit up the Fest for dinner tonight and were pleasantly surprised by the offerings.
Chocolate covered strawberries that were begging to be eaten...

Fried Oreos that are better than they look (warning: don't attempt to eat more than one)

And the quintessential funnel cake that we could only eat a small, small portion of.

But this year, our favorite local grocery store was there providing a lovely alternative to the deep fried mayhem.
Mini flank steak sandwiches. They were AMAZING.
(Also, I find it hilarious that we end up at their booth when there are tons of other vendors there. I'm pretty sure we're there every day as it is.)

Ah, to be a kid again.

But one thing I haven't been able to figure out is this obsession with chicken on a stick.
I mean, it's at multiple booths.
I feel a little sick just looking at it.  But maybe I just have to try it?  Have any of you had one?

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, I would have been making a beeline for this booth. But the again I come from a place where street food is everywhere and nearly everything comes on a stick. Gosh, what does that say about where I grew up? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Rain - You know, secretly, I really wanted to try one. I vow to try it next year just to see how awesome it is. And where you grew up sounds DELICIOUS. We had a corndog on a stick that almost made me weep, so I am definitely pro-stick foods!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!