Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Super Classy Father's Day Dinner

Let me start this off by saying that I missed my Daddy during Father's Day (just like I missed my Mommy during Mother's Day).  My Dad rocks my world, and he can still make me laugh with practically anything he says to this day.  Plus, we're apparently doing the same type of job now, so I must be subconsciously following in his footsteps.
Daddy
Daddy - you are my hero (giggle!) and I'm so incredibly blessed to have you as my Father.  Now, COME VISIT, mmmkayyy?  I'll make you dinner!

Luckily, even though I couldn't see my Daddy, Hubs' dad came back in town the night of Father's Day, and we were able to get together for a somewhat impromptu dinner.

The menu for this dinner? Super classy, letmetellyou. Jalapeno poppers, stuffed mushrooms, salad, and, wait for it...beer can chicken.

And since we were obvs going for the super classy effect, it wasn't just any beer can chicken...it was BIG FLATS beer can chicken! (For those of you who aren't at our level of classiness, Big Flats is the Walgreens brand beer, at a bank-breaking $2.99 for a 6-pack!)
Oh yeah. That's how we roll.  Classy with a capital C.

The verdict? It was delicious! Very moist, cheap, and simple.
Of course, Hubs wouldn't be Hubs without rubbing in that his sister wasn't there (she was at her sister-in-law's wedding in Cali), so he made sure to call special attention to that fact in his Dad's Father's Day card.

Aside from all the glass breaking going on, we had a great time.

2 comments:

  1. 1) I love that picture of you and Dad...

    2) What did you season that chicken with? Whats the green stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ,
    What a cute pair! Who's the young guy on the cart? I appreciate the wonderful thoughts. Thanks for being a great daughter.I love you, too, Boo! Come and cook with me.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!