Monday, June 13, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow? | 2011, Update 2

It's been a month since I gave the last update on our little garden on the balcony, and the plants are well on their way to taking over their corner of the world.


Fortunately, the basil has come in handy more times than I can count, and it just keeps doubling in size every time I check on it.


Last month, it was tiny!

We tried our first strawberry tonight...
...it was NOT ripe. (Note to Hubs: Do not pick strawberries the first day they are super red.)

Last month, there weren't even flowers yet.

We also had our first peas...
...they were also not ripe.

(I'm sensing a theme, here.)

Last month, they barely reached over the planter.

The edible flowers are finally blooming...
...and I still have no idea what they are called.

The thyme is becoming a bush...
...and we still haven't used any.

And! We haven't bought any additional plants. Shocking? Definitely.

2 comments:

  1. I want to raid your garden! Look at all the fresh thyme! Also, regarding your nameless edible flowers, I *believe* those are nasturtiums. At least that was the first name that popped into my head when I saw them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Rain - I'll send you some thyme! I've got nothing but thyme! And I think you're absolutely right about the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!