Wednesday, June 22, 2011

There Was a Tornado?

Last night's storms were c-r-a-z-y.  It was pitch black and the wind was whipping our patio chairs into the sliding glass doors.

...except we didn't think it was too dangerous.  After all, there were no tornado sirens going off, and our power only flickered.

This morning when I woke up, I couldn't believe the damage from the storm.  Trees were down everywhere right next to our building.


Then Holly texts me about a tornado in my town. A what?

Upon further investigation, it looks like a tornado was confirmed by the National Weather Service to have touched down here.

One.
Block.
Away.

And we had no idea.  I was blogging during the whole thing!  Did I mention that the sirens weren't even going off?  But they were in all neighboring towns?

I'll be saying some prayers of thanks tonight.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. I am glad you are o.k. I only found out that you guys had a tornado this morning. I actually went in the basement with Chloe myself that night. But that's only because the siren was blaring in my back yard. ppphheeewwwww!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to comment!